This document provides guidelines for people who want to contribute to
Please use the bugtracker before starting some work:
- check if the bug or feature request has already been filed. It may have been
- else create a new ticket.
- if you plan to contribute, tell us, so that we are given an opportunity to
give feedback as soon as possible.
- Then, in your commit messages, reference the ticket with some
refs #TICKET-ID syntax.
Use topic branches
- Work in branches.
- Prefix your branch with the ticket ID corresponding to the issue. As an
example, if you are working on ticket #23 which is about contribute
documentation, name your branch like 23-contribute-doc.
- If you work in a development branch and want to refresh it with changes from
master, please rebase or merge-based rebase , i.e. do not merge master.
Clone django-ticketoffice repository (adapt to use your own fork):
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:novapost/django-ticketoffice.git
The Makefile is the reference card for usual actions in development
- Install development toolkit with pip : make develop.
- Run tests with tox : make test.
- Build documentation: make documentation.
- Release project with zest.releaser : make release.
- Cleanup local repository: make clean, make distclean and
See also make help.
Notes & references